Visitors (tourists) or those who need to be in Iran for business, commercial or administrative purposes can refer to airport consulate units of the I.R.IRAN to obtain the visa (airport visa). This way, passengers would be able to get the visa from over 70 countries. Visa Office of Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has units in airports across Iran, ready to check your application form and issue the visa if they find you admissible. This visa can allow you to be in Iran for one day until thirty days. Although Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs can offer a diverse range of options and services, reports and comments made by foreign passengers indicate that it would be better to apply for the visa, even airport visa, prior to travel.
Why your foreign guests have to apply for visa in prior:
- This is to avoid standing in long queues for the visa in the airport (sometimes it may take until 24 hours)
- The difference of hours in different areas of the world is another reason. Your guest may arrive at Imam Khomeini Airport at 3:00 am. At this time even the idea of waiting for the visa after ten hours of flight is disappointing.
- There are certain forms that visa applicants must fill in, which requires you to apply for the visa in prior.
- Administrative process of visa application takes some time, and it constitutes another reason for the requirement to apply for the visa in prior.
- Sometimes the applicant may be rejected for the visa (in some cases this happens due to not knowing the details of laws and regulations governing airport visa).
- For getting Iran's visa, you'd better apply in prior. If you are sure that your guest is qualified to be given an airport visa, you can write the name of the airport in your guest's form. It is helpful when preparing the application form of visa.
If you have already applied for Iran's visa, please be noted that:
- You will get an airport visa sooner.
- You are more likely to get the visa.
- You would have much less stress for the visa because you do not have to stand in long queues for the visa.
- Your visa process would be easier because you do not have to fill in various forms (just having the passport and telling your reference code suffices to get the visa).
Requirements for Airport Visa in Iran
- Nationals of the following countries are qualified for airport visa of Iran: Azerbaijan, Albania, Germany, Argentina, South Africa, Austria, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Spain, Australia, Slovenia, UAE, Indonesia, Ukraine, Italy, Ireland, Bahrain, Brazil, Brunei Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Portugal, Peru, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, China, Denmark, Russia, Romania, Japan, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Oman, France, Palestine, Cyprus, Kirgizstan, Qatar, Croatia, South Korea, Cuba, Kuwait, Georgia, Lebanon, Luxemburg, Poland, Malaysia, Hungary, Mongolia, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Venezuela, Vietnam, Netherlands, Yugoslavia, Greece Iraqi nationals can apply for visa in Mashhad Airport too.
- Applicant must apply for the visa in person and furnish his/her passport (original duplicate) having no less than six months of validity. No erasure must be found on a passport.
- Applicant must present reference code
- Applicant must furnish his/her travel insurance card (both original duplicate and copy).
- Applicant must make payment for the visa to consulate unit based in the airport.